The first teaching Marist Brothers came to Fiji in 1888. Their task was to teach the children of European settlers. Yet, by the turn of the century, they had opened two schools for native Fijians and one for the Indian population in Suva, who had until then no opportunity available to them for education. Since 1888 the brothers have taught in Suva, Cawaci, Naililili, Wairiki, Napuka and Savarekareka.
The Marist Brothers have five educational institutions in Suva:
Marist Brothers High School
Marist Brothers Primary School
St. Marcellin Primary School
Champagnat Institute - a special needs vocational school
Marcellin's Angels - a kindergarten.
These schools come under the auspices of the Fiji Marist Brothers Trust Board and are strengthened by a strong core of dedicated Champagnat Marist men and women
Marist Brothers' High School
21 Carew Street
GPO Box 18183
PO Box 5448
Marist Brothers’ Novitiate
PO Box 268
Is there something wrong with the information on this website? Tell us